7.29.2008

Wow, I've improved


We skipped two days last week, because of illness. Did manage to run about 2 miles, and do some sit ups. While doing the sit ups, I hurt my tail bone. The zippered pocket on my shorts poked and chaffed me. Now i have this sore red spot on my tail bone and I've been trying to baby it so it heals quickly. So much for taking care not to hurt it because last night was another assessment.

I honestly have lost track of the number of weeks and days we've been doing this, but I don't think this assessment was evenly spaced. Anyway, I did improve over the last assessment we did. Here are the details

Sit ups: went from 25 to 27
Push ups: from 29 to 31
Mile run: from 8:08 to 8:00

Taking into account the fact that my ass actually hurt while doing the sit ups (and yes my tail bone is all jacked up again) I'm pleased that I beat it by two. I was also pleased with my form during the push ups; all 31 were high quality push ups. I took the first half of the mile rather easy because I didn't want to burn out so quick. I actually had a little too much left for my kick. Next time I'll push just a little more during the mile, so that my kick uses up every bit of energy I have. i should be able to break the eight minute mark, and who knows, I could dip well into the 7s.

No comments: